You are here:
Home > Projects & Programs > Construction Updates
Stearns Rd. Grade Crossing Elimination - Olmsted Township
- Notice to Proceed: 6/1/2015
- Start Date: 7/6/2015
- Completion Date: 6/1/2017
- Project Amount: $8,209,055.10
- This Page Last Updated On: 2/23/2017
Digioia Suburban Excavating
Phone: (440) 237-1978
County Project Contacts:
Mike Tworzydlo (216) 348-3895
Todd Zima (216) 701-2359
Approve Contract Increases: $0
Approved Contract Decreases: $8,209,055.10
February 23, 2017
- Project is complete with the exception of completing the landscaping in the spring.
October 7, 2016
- All pavement is complete.
- Contractor is 95% complete on aprons and sidewalks on west side of road.
- Lanscaping has begun.
- Grout mats for new bridge will be installed by the end of the month.
- Upon completion of aprons, landscaping and grout mats, Stearns Road will be re-opened to two-way traffic.
September 12, 2016
August 18, 2016
- Pavement is 95% complete.
- Only northwest access road to be poured on Monday, September 12, 2016.
- Westside sidewalk and aprons are 50% complete on relocated Stearns Road. Once these items are completed contractor will begin landscape on tree lawn and open the road up to two-way traffic.
- Bridge and drainage work is complete.
- Southbound traffic is now relocated Stearns Road and new bridge.
- Pavement removal complete on existing southbound Stearns Road.
- Paving of relocated southbound Stearns Road to be done in the next two weeks.
- Residents should expect to be out of drives for short periods of time as contractor pave and complete driveway aprons.
- Bridge is 99% complete.
- Eastside relocated Stearns Road is 99% complete.
- Northeast access road is complete
- Contractor also working on southwest access road.
- Northwest access road will be done last.
June 30, 2016
- Northeast access road is 90% complete.
- Sewers are complete
- Northbound Stearns Road/relocated road is 99% complete.
UPCOMING WORK/IN PROGRESS
- Turn lanes are being poured, eastside driveways and sidewalks, NW & SW access road embankment, excavation of southbound Stearns Road and move southbound Stearns Road traffic to new northbound lane to build southbound lane.
June 8, 2016
- Currently paving the northbound lane of the new relocated Stearns Road.
- Excavating and grading the new access roads and the relocated Bagley/Stearns intersection.
- Pouring sidewalks on the new bridge.
- Begin on drive-way aprons and sidewalk from new bridge to north end of project on the eastside (northbound lane).
- Paving the northbound lane from the new bridge to Bagley Road.
- Completed pouring of the sidewalks and parapets on the new bridge.
April 8, 2016
- Embankment is 90% complete.
- Remaining earthwork will be for new cul-de-sacs.
- Excavation for new pavement will begin within the next 2-4 weeks dependent on utility relocation.
- Bridge-beam installation is 100% complete.
- New deck is scheduled to be poured the week of April 18, 2016.
March 4, 2016
- All sewer work is 95% complete.
- Embankment for the new bridge is 95% complete.
- Embankment for cul-de-sacs is 90% complete.
- Sub structure for new bridge is complete (footers, piers, and abutments).
Work in Next 30 Days:
October 15, 2015
- Embankment for new Overpass is 90% complete.
- Contractor expects to start work within 1 -2 months.
- Once sewer work begins, a one-way traffic pattern will be implemented.
Advance notice and detour signs will be posted.
July 6, 2015
- Contractor has begun embankment for south side of new bridge.
- Please be aware of trucks entering and exiting off of Bagley and Stearns Road.
- Anticipated house demolitions to begin within the next month once all abatements are complete.