You are here:
Home > County Airport > About Shea Field
About Shea Field
Hours of Operation and Contact Information
Robert D. Shea Field
26300 Curtiss Wright Parkway
Cleveland, OH 44143
8:30am-4:30pm Monday through Friday
closed on legal holidays
FAA Contract Tower
Monica L. Drake
7:00am-11:00pm seven days a week
The airport is located 11 miles from downtown Cleveland and is easily accessible by local highways. Hotel and conference facilities are located within five miles.
The airport offers businesses an array of quality services, such as:
- One Full Service FBO with 24 hour service
- FAA Air Traffic Control Contract Tower
- A Full Instrument Landing System and High Intensity Lighting
- 24-Hour Security Patrol
- Aircraft Crash and Fire Rescue Service
- Aircraft Rental, Charter or Taxi
- Avionics Services
- Other Airport amenities include a full-service restaurant, golf course and jogging trail.
- Cuyahoga County Airport is a major economic force within the community with an estimated annual payroll of $60 million.
- The Airport accounts, directly or indirectly, for the employment of more than three thousand people (with more than 1,100 of these working on the airport campus);
- Cuyahoga County Airport is located in one of the heaviest concentrations of industrial development in the State of Ohio. The airport’s service area also includes the largest residential area of Eastern Cuyahoga County, often referred to as the “Heights” area.
- Famous aviators having flown off the field include, Charles Lindbergh, General James “Jimmy” Doolittle, Doug Davis, Lee Peck, C. H. “Zip” Zistel, “Red” Weis, and Al Williams.
- In 1995, the Western Reserve Historical Society’s Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum held its 25 th anniversary Meet at County Airport. The event “Wings and Wheels” featured antique aircraft and automobiles on the Airport grounds.
- The Airport hosted another Wings and Wheels event in 1996. The event boasted an estimated attendance of fifteen thousand (15,000) with more than 600 cars and antique aircraft. The airport snow removal crew received its sixth Balchen/Post award in 1997 more than another Large General Aviation airport in the country or any other category.
- In 2000, the Airport celebrated its 50 th Anniversary under Cuyahoga County operation.